Our top 10 things to do when in Clearwater Beach, Florida.
Clearwater Beach, Florida, nestled along the stunning Gulf of Mexico, exudes a laid-back coastal charm that’s hard to resist. Blessed with year-round sunny weather, it’s a magnet for beachgoers, averaging around 73°F in winter and 91°F in summer. The closest gateway to this paradise is Tampa International Airport (TPA), a mere 20-mile drive away. Some of these things we have done so we will elaborate more on those, and as far as the others we have not done yet are on our list and they are must sees.
Explore the top 10 things to do in Clearwater Beach, Florida; and get ready to embrace an adventure filled with sun, sand, and unforgettable memories.
- Indulge in Clearwater’s Culinary Scene: Clearwater’s culinary delights are a must-try. From local seafood to international cuisine, there’s something to please every palate. Here’s where you can satisfy your taste buds:
- Frenchy’s Rockaway Grill (7 Rockaway St, Clearwater, FL 33767): Known for its legendary grouper sandwich and stunning beach views. A perfect spot to soak up the local flavor.
- Cristino’s Coal Oven Pizza (1101 S Fort Harrison Ave, Clearwater, FL 33756): Delight in authentic coal-fired pizza and Italian gelato in a cozy, family-friendly environment.
- Clear Sky Café (490 Mandalay Ave, Clearwater, FL 33767): A versatile menu and beachside location make this a go-to spot for any meal. The weekend brunch is a local favorite.
- Island Way Grill (20 Island Way, Clearwater, FL 33767): A harbor-side dining experience offering fresh seafood and an extensive wine list. A luxury treat for special occasions.
- Lenny’s Restaurant (21220 US Hwy 19 N, Clearwater, FL 33765): Famous for its bountiful breakfast and lively atmosphere. An essential start to any day in Clearwater.
- Visit Clearwater Beach: A must-see destination known for its powdery white sand and crystal blue waters. I suggest you arrive early for parking no later then 8:30am, otherwise they will be gone and they cost $30 for a full day, They also have amenities like outdoor showers, bathrooms, changing rooms, and chair/umbrella rentals at $40 all day.
- Explore Pier 60: This bustling hub on Clearwater Beach offers local crafts, fishing, and a free sunset cinema. Enjoy the boardwalk, food, ice cream, and snacks, making it a perfect evening spot.
- Shop Your Heart Out: Clearwater’s shopping scene boasts chic boutiques and renowned shopping centers. Free trolley rides make for convenient shopping sprees, and local shops add a unique flair. We walked the main street and hit a lot of the surf shops there. Tons of little shops and eateries.
- Clearwater Marine Aquarium: Learn about marine conservation and meet dolphins, otters, and sea turtles at this world-renowned aquarium. Engaging and educational, it’s perfect for families. We have not been here yet.
- Go Shelling at Caladesi Island State Park: Reachable by ferry, this park offers untouched beaches, hiking trails, and unique shelling opportunities. Explore nature in a serene setting, perfect for outdoor enthusiasts. This is on a future trip so stay tuned.
- Embark on a Boat Tour: Experience Clearwater’s coastline from the water. Explore mangroves, watch dolphins play in the waves, and enjoy the breathtaking views on various local boat tours. We have done all three of these tours and can vouch for them. Take a look.
- Little Toot Dolphin Adventure (25 Causeway Blvd Slip #2, Clearwater, FL 33767): Looking for an intimate and close-up dolphin-watching experience? The Little Toot Dolphin Adventure offers exactly that. With a unique tugboat design that creates a wake dolphins love to play in, you’re guaranteed an opportunity to witness these intelligent creatures in their natural habitat. Friendly and knowledgeable captains make this family-friendly tour informative and fun, perfect for nature enthusiasts of all ages. We saw no less than 30 dolphins with their babies. We did the sunset tour so they make sure to loiter around and position the boat for the best photos. Book here.
- Calypso Queen Tropical Party Buffet Cruise (25 Causeway Blvd, Clearwater, FL 33767): This colorful and lively cruise combines sightseeing with a party atmosphere. Feast on a buffet spread filled with island-style cuisine, enjoy unlimited beer and wine, and dance to tropical tunes played by the onboard DJ. The stunning views of Clearwater’s coastline add to the overall festive vibe. Ideal for those seeking a fun-filled night out on the water. This is a good tour option. We were there for the food and to try out this type of excursion. We loved it and the food was great. Not 5 stars but for what it was it was great. DJ was funny and had basic system. Book here.
- Sea Screamer Speedboat Tour (25 Causeway Blvd, Clearwater, FL 33767): Now, this is not for little ones or people that have heart or back issues. If adrenaline is what you’re after, then you should buckle up for the Sea Screamer Speedboat Tour. As the world’s largest speedboat, the Sea Screamer offers an exhilarating tour that combines high speeds with incredible sightseeing. The tour’s experienced guides share fascinating insights into the area, adding depth to this heart-pounding adventure. Our adventure was great. Our guide was amazing at what he knew, and his driving was cool to watch and so fun. Lots of hard turns and wake jumps. We had a full tour and smiles were all around. Book here.
- Wander Through Fort De Soto Park: Spanning five islands, Fort De Soto Park offers hiking, biking, kayaking, and picturesque beaches. Wildlife and natural beauty abound, making it a nature lover’s dream.
- Stroll Through Historic Downtown: Immerse yourself in the charm of Clearwater’s historic downtown. Unique shops, local eateries, and cultural attractions offer a rich and vibrant community experience.
- Take a Day Trip: Explore nearby Tampa and St. Petersburg for amusement parks and cultural experiences. Clearwater’s central location makes it an excellent base for extended adventures. We have done a portion of Riverwalk and hit up the food mall there. Great fun. We will be returning.
Best Hotels and Resorts to stay at in Clearwater
Accommodation options in Clearwater range from luxurious resorts to very good budget hotels for example:
- Opal Sands Resort (430 S Gulfview Blvd, Clearwater, FL 33767): A luxury option located right on the water’s edge, Opal Sands Resort offers breathtaking Gulf views from every room. With modern designs, a full-service spa, an outdoor pool, and on-site dining, this resort is a top pick for those looking to indulge in a lavish beachfront experience. Book here.
- Sandpearl Resort (500 Mandalay Ave, Clearwater, FL 33767): Combining elegance with beachside relaxation, Sandpearl Resort offers a variety of amenities like a lagoon-style pool, private cabanas, fine dining, and a full-service spa. Its location along Clearwater’s pristine beaches, with nearby shopping and entertainment, makes it a versatile option for both leisure and family travelers. Book here.
- Clearwater Beach Hotel (504 S Gulfview Blvd, Clearwater, FL 33767): For those on a budget but still seeking comfort and convenience, the Clearwater Beach Hotel provides clean and spacious rooms. Located near the beach and local attractions, it offers amenities like an outdoor pool, complimentary breakfast, and friendly service, promising a great value stay. Book here.
- Hilton Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa (400 Mandalay Ave, Clearwater, FL 33767): Situated near Pier 60, this resort provides the Hilton’s renowned quality. With multiple dining options, two outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and direct beach access, it’s a comprehensive package for those seeking a blend of luxury and local exploration. Book here.
- Wyndham Grand Clearwater Beach (100 Coronado Dr, Clearwater, FL 33767): A centrally located option with splendid Gulf views, the Wyndham Grand offers modern, stylish rooms, an outdoor pool, a relaxing spa, and on-site dining. Its close proximity to both the beach and downtown Clearwater adds to its appeal for a wide range of travelers. Book Here.
Many of these hotels offer breathtaking beach views and are within walking distance of the city’s main attractions. Whether you’re seeking adventure or relaxation, Clearwater’s combination of natural beauty, vibrant culinary scene, and unique activities make it an irresistible destination for travelers
Clearwater is more than just a beach town; it’s a vibrant destination filled with culinary delights, natural wonders, shopping gems, and rich history. Whether you’re on a culinary quest, a beach bum, or an adventure seeker, Clearwater promises an unforgettable experience that caters to all tastes and interests. Come savor, explore, and fall in love with this coastal gem. Your Clearwater adventure awaits!
Hope you got some good information for your upcoming trip to Florida. Thanks for reading our top 10 things to do in Clearwater Beach, Florida guide. Happy travels.